Marine biology was supposed to be my thing. It still sort of is. Growing up in a place surrounded by ocean, it wasn’t hard to get swept away by the mysterious blue. I had, and still do, a burning passion for sharks. To me, they’re powerful and beautiful animals that don’t get enough credit. Or at least good credit. One of my biggest dreams was/is to shed a new light on these creatures, to show that Hollywood’s killing machine Bruce was nothing more than that: a machine used as a prop. After basic science classes though, and long nights spent on Khan Academy trying to keep up with the seemingly simple concepts, I thought maybe I should wait on that front.
I was never the writer. That title always fell to my mom and brother. It was something I enjoyed doing, but never loved. In school, we would have to sit with perfect posture, write in perfect cursive. For what? A perfect story to make the perfect private school look more perfect? It drove me insane, that even though we were expected to write creative pieces, the teachers would slash and bash the pieces to fit their “perfect.” In middle school, my mom pulled my little sister and I out, and started this “roadschool” endeavor we’re on now. Five years and some 50 countries later, we’re still traveling, still learning, and who knew. Writing! As a Junior in high school, I’m still at a cross roads of what to do with my life. With many more adventures up in the air—everything from fighting for human rights to marine conservation, and eventually heading off to university—I’m ready to help change our global home, one word at a time.
Below are 13 facts about me, to get to know me better. Yes, I am and out and proud weirdo. I hope you can handle.
13 Curious Facts About Me
- I absolutely abhor cucumbers. Just no.
- Once, whilst tramping through the jungles of Thailand, I broke the Bridge over River Kwai. It was an accident.
- Favorite color: Yellow.
- You don’t want to know what I’d do for a Klondike Bar.
- I make a mean pumpkin cheesecake come fall.
- Do I speak any other languages? Yes, as a matter of fact. I do: British, Scottish, Australian, Kiwi, Canadian, and Sarcasm.
- Snakes are a big no no.
- Though sharks are a big yes.
- The perfect Friday night to me is spent with my best friends Nutella, Netflix, and Tumblr. We sometimes invite Pizza to spice things up.
- Guilty pleasure: Honey Boo Boo Child. I don’t want to hear it. Unless you have some pointers on how to look beautimous. If so, pick up Pizza on your way over.
- I am the worst procrastinator on the planet. Or the best. It depends on how you look at it.
- Why won’t Midnight in Paris happen to me? Am I just not good enough, Paris? Come on… Please?
- I love a spontaneous adventure. Come along, won’t you?